Google+ Followers

Monday, 3 September 2012

He Still Writes, Sanctimoniously...

Dear old Bill's latest piece de resistance is He Still Stands, Waiting... in which he claims that anyone who disagrees with him, or takes the time and trouble to leave a comment on his blog pointing out the manifold ways in which he is mistaken, it is really because:

I realise that so many of these folks are deep down really quite unhappy and messed up, and they are lashing out as a way to cope.

That's right: Bill believes that even people who dare to disagree with him are really, actually, deep down agreeing with him! He seems to think it's absolutely impossible for anyone to hold a contrary view to his vile theocratic one.

He also seems to think that maintaining a blog in which he daily pours hatred and scorn upon all non-extremist Xtians (gays and atheists in particular suffer torrential abuse from Bill's poisoned pen, and Muslims and liberal Xtians, though less often attacked, fare no better) in which he proposes the implementation of extremist views - gays should either "convert" or hide themselves away from polite society - atheists, Muslims and those of other faiths are wrong and should be happy to be dictated to by the "correct" faith - shouldn't result in any criticism.

Bill's problem is not only his utter failure to conceptualise the stark reality that somebody might actually disagree with him for valid reasons, but that he also perceives all criticism of his views as attacks upon his person. This is why he is so vicious in his denunciations of the mildest dissent.

In the early days when the hate mail poured in I just trashed it right away. I sure did not want the rest of my family to see this sick, perverted and diabolical stuff.... But the stark truth is, these guys tend to be the most intolerant, hate-filled people on the planet. And I have their comments to prove it. 

Oh, diddums. Want to avoid people using words you don't want to hear? Stop with the hate. My solution, dear old Bill? Talk to an atheist or a gay person instead of dehumanizing them and targeting them for abuse.

There, that's my example of "intolerant, hate-filled hate mail".

So convinced is Bill that he's right that he posts this little gem:

So I know that God waited patiently for me, and he is doing the same for all my many critics.

I'm not sure I've ever read anything more smug and sanctimonious. Bill actually thinks that those who disagree with him will sooner or later "see the light". It can't possibly be the case that we actually think his beliefs are ridiculous, unsubstantiated nonsense. No, we're just lashing out at Bill because we're unhappy, and jealous that he has it so right, and if only we listened to everything he said the world would be perfect.

The hope is many of these folks will one day come to see the love and grace of God, and recognise how bad the pigsty really is.

That's very presumptuous, Bill. You haven't seen my house. I keep it very neat and tidy I'll have you know. Seriously though: all non-fundies are living in a "pigsty"? Way to reach out to your "critics" Bill! You're really winning me over...

Thus if you are one of those who sometimes – or often – come to my site, leaving rather ugly and vicious comments, be forewarned: I am praying for you and God is still graciously waiting for you. And Jesus is still standing there, with his extended arms revealing his nail-scarred hands.

Well I'll sleep a lot sounder knowing that. And where's your evidence for the last bit? Sorry, more "abuse" from me there.

I posted a comment as Holly Hancock, pointing out that:

You receive what you perceive to be abusive comments (no doubt you’ll perceive this one in the same way) because you write with such utter disdain for anyone and everyone who doesn’t embrace your worldview, engaging in name-calling that you claim to find so hurtful when directed at you. Atheists are always “self-centred”, “arrogant” etc. Gay people are always “fascists”, “intolerant”. Your language is dehumanising.

and Bill replied that he only criticises the "militant" gays, you know the people who:

declared war on my faith, my freedom and my family

Yes, not a hint of overstatement there. I believe gays were round at Bill's house in a pink tank holding a revolver to his head and... christ in a canoe does the idiot know what "war" actually means? How insulting to people who've actually been involved in armed conflict. What he means is he can't tolerate knowing that other people do things with the backing of law and the support of society that he personally finds distasteful. That's what he means by "war". He is being forced to tolerate other people doing things he disapproves of. "War". Yep, not in any dictionary I've ever seen. 

I wrote back also pointing out that he made no defence of the accusation that he's always disparaging of atheists, but this awkward truth didn't see the light of day. I would have died of shock if it had.

The idiotic comment award goes to Mark Harrison (it barely needs pointing out, but his whole "argument" never applies in reverse). And Ursula Bennett is incredulous that anyone could find Bill "uneducated" when he reads "200 books a year at least". Ursula my dove pet, he's uneducated because the books are all on the same frigging subject! If I only ever read books about making plum jam I would be knowledgeable about the subject of plum jam but deeply ignorant and uneducated about everything else. I'd probably not believe in evolution, being uneducated and ignorant of the facts. I'd still be uneducated if I read 600 books a day on making plum jam.

I wonder how many people has Bill Muehlenberg converted to his extremist brand of Xtianity in all the years he's been ranting and raving? One? I doubt it. People see him for what he really is: a sanctimonious windbag who's deluded and full of anger and hatred. Only people who already agree with him from the outset will find anything worthwhile in his blog posts.



Pointing out that he's a vicious idiot is "abuse" and "war". Bill's lot distort language so much it becomes meaningless. Why not do something to tackle poverty, disease, child abuse? No, his little god created the universe so that Bill could rant and rave about people who have the temerity to not believe in his pathetic little fictions.




A likely story...

No comments:

Post a Comment