Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Now Muehlenberg Even Savages Fellow Xtians...

 Until recently I laboured under the misapprehension that it was only non-Christians, gays and atheists that were the victims of Muehlenberg's bullying and general nastiness. Then yesterday I had the most extraordinary comment left by a gentleman called Alan Rowe, saying that he's a Christian who had posted on Bill Muehlenberg's Culturewatch website and quickly found himself banned, blacklisted, and the victim of an abusive attack by Bill and his rottweilers.

His offence? Staunch atheism? Is he gay? No.

So what did he do to earn the wrath of Muehlenberg? Did he swear? Name call?

None of the above.

Alan has kindly allowed me to reproduce his comment for this article:

I'm not the sort of person you would expect or even welcome here. I'm a Christian and always have been. My wife and I regularly attend church, though not as much as we probably should. Politically I'm fairly conservative - or "centre right" as I like to call myself.
Alan, anyone who wants to can post here. I don't hate Christians, I get on with the vast majority of them I work with and even have a few in the family! I only loathe Bill Muehlenberg because he is a bully who is impervious to reason, who resorts to censorship and shouting because he doesn't know how to debate rationally. This blog attacks Muehlenberg and his beliefs, not your average Xtian believer.

A friend of mine who will rename nameless as their name is probably mud in these parts, since they regularly visit Mr Muehlenberg's site, recommended Culturewatch to me, and although I found a few articles I read through more aggressive in tone than I generally care for, I nevertheless found much to agree with.
Hmm. OK, Alan, we'll let that go...
I decided to test the water by posting a comment on an article about abortion [Another Wolf, Alas] and being new I didn't want to rock the boat, but I couldn't help but notice that there was nothing in the article [ed - a piece about a priest called Father MacLeod who had actively protected women seeking an abortion from protestors outside an abortion clinic] that said that Father MacLeod held a pro-abortion stance. I read it simply that he saw it as his Christian duty to protect women, whether or not they were acting in accordance to his own principles. Things then got very quickly out of hand. Mr Muehlenberg quickly posted a reply that was aimed at putting me in my place, possibly because I was new. Others took it as their cue to follow, and I felt like I had set off a pack of wolves. I posted further comments aimed at calming the situation. You can see the comments for yourself. I was attempting to calm everyone down, telling them in no uncertain terms that I am staunchly anti-abortion and that I would join them in condemning Father MacLeod if it turned out that he was pro-abortion. All I pleaded for was that we exercise caution and acquire evidence against Father MacLeod before condemning him out of hand.
As you can see from Mr Muehlenberg's reaction, my plea for a bit of cool-headedness resulted in me being banned from his website. I was desperately upset. What had I done to upset them? I hate upsetting people. In fact my wife came home from work to find me in tears about it all. I've barely been able to sleep I'm so shaken by it. You should see the comments Mr Muehlenberg allowed to be posted about me. It's like something out of Orwell's one-minute hate. I wasn't allowed to reply, even to the posters who had written directly to me.
    
Alas, Alan's experience is nothing new but all par for the course over on the aggressive and vigorously censored Culturwatch. As I have repeatedly documented on this blog before, the last thing Muehlenberg is interested in is open and honest debate, truth and evidence. All he cares about is aggressively pushing his agenda. Hence his absurd "four strikes and you're out policy". This amounts to saying: "You have four chances to entirely agree with me and kiss my ass or I'll ban you from my website." So much for openness and debate, Bill!

Alan saved the last comment that he posted on Culturewatch, only part of which Bill allowed to be published, and only then to try to show Alan in a bad light. Alan hasn't (and even now won't!) said anything bad about Bill. This is what he posted:

My wife came home from work and found me in tears.

I showed her the comments from you on this site and she was appalled. "You're making it clear you're totally anti-abortion, all you're saying is you want to be sure the priest definitely has a pro-abortion stance before condemning him." She couldn't believe the level of personal abuse directed at me simply for urging caution that you allowed to be published.

Your site was recommended to me by a friend of mine, and they too have changed your opinion of you following the events of last night. In fact, they had told me they were considering making a financial donation to your ministry at Christmastime. Now they will donate elsewhere.

You may be interested to know that I Googled your name to find out more about you. One of the suggested searches was "Bill Muehlenberg bigot" and halfway down the first page was a link to a blog, seemingly run by rabid atheists, criticising you. They may be God-haters but they certainly have the measure of you, Mr Muehlenberg.

Unlike you, I am not one for mud-slinging, name-calling and twisting other people's words to serve my own agenda. I have however left a comment on the atheists' blog simply stating my experience of posting here. It remains to be seen whether atheists are more receptive to having a polite and temperate discussion than you evidently are.

You are a horrible man, Mr Muehlenberg. Sadly I would go so far as to say that. You deeply upset me last night, and so unnecessarily since on the key issue of abortion we wholly agree. But alas with bullies like you acting as spokespeople for Christ, it is no wonder young people are turning their backs on the Church all over the West. You think I'm the problem not the solution?

I'd say the same of you.

Have a really great day.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Rowe, Christian and staunch anti-abortionist.

Compare this to what Bill allowed to be posted:

You may be interested to know that I Googled your name to find out more about you. One of the suggested searches was “Bill Muehlenberg bigot” and halfway down the first page was a link to a blog, seemingly run by rabid atheists, criticising you. They may be God-haters but they certainly have the measure of you, Mr Muehlenberg.

Unlike you, I am not one for mud-slinging, name-calling and twisting other people’s words to serve my own agenda. I have however left a comment on the atheists’ blog simply stating my experience of posting here.

Have a really great day.

Alan Rowe
So much for distortion of the truth in order to push an agenda. Bill hides behind half truths, lies, and deliberate distortion of other people's words. Alan Rowe has done his bit in exposing Muehlenberg for the bully and manipulator he really is. It's time other Xtians woke up and recognised Muehlenberg for the fraud and bully he is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment