Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Anonymous Posters, and what this blog is for

I frequently receive comments from Christians who never leave their name. It's difficult to tell whether it's the same "Anonymous" on each occasion. Most of them castigate me for not leaving my name on this blog and "hiding in the anonymity of internet shadows". They apparently don't see the irony, nor recognise that they are hypocrites.

It doesn't make any difference what my name is. The only reason the Christians want to know is so that they can hector me in my private life for exposing the lies and bigotry of one of their fold. It's not a game I'm willing to play.

Let's be clear about a few things. Bill Muehlenberg's career is attacking gay people, atheists, Muslims, left-wing people - everyone he hates. He makes money from his hate blog. He has written a book peddling lies about gay people and daily makes attacks upon whole sections of society. This therefore makes it fair game to hold up his views to scrutiny and justifiable contempt and ridicule. This is not a blog attacking Xtianity, however easy that would be, it's a blog attacking the views of Bill Muehlenberg. So Xtians taking it personally must be a bit stupid. I don't make any money from this blog, nor is it what I do for a living. I maintain this blog to expose the lies and bigotry of someone who makes a living spreading lies and bigotry. Big difference.

Bill Muehlenberg publically lobbies for political power to exclude people he doesn't like (especially gays, but also atheists, Muslims and liberals) from public discourse. I am not doing any political lobbying through this blog, nor am I trying to exclude anyone from holding any position in society. Big difference.

I never intended to keep this blog. I started off making a few polite comments on Muehlenberg's blog and was instantly banned for the crime of pointing out where his reasoning was unsound. His parting shot was that I should start my own blog if I wanted to "push" my "agenda". In the only time I ever took Muehlenberg's advice, I did precisely that. If he won't debate - what alternative is there? Why should his lies, bigotry and political crusade against minorities go unchallenged? Bill Muehlenberg is more than welcome to come to this blog and comment and defend himself. He also knows my email address. He is free to drop me a line and ask to meet and talk at any time. The reverse most certainly isn't true. Big difference.

What I think it boils down to is that Xtians don't like having the views of one of their spokespeople held up to scrutiny and ridicule. Reading this blog exposes some ugly home truths that they don't want to be forced to confront. They still expect to live in a world where religious opinions can't be challenged and are given a free pass simply because they are religious. Times have changed.

The fact of the matter is that this blog receives anywhere between a few hundred to fifteen hundred hits a month from countries all over the world. It is a resource that discredits Bill Muehlenberg and his unjustified, bullying attacks on minorities. Anyone can look through the archives and find countless examples of his lies, censorship and abuse.

So the Xtians who anonymously comment may like to think about what it really is about this blog that makes them so angry and uncomfortable.

Please don't waste my time and yours with any more whinging "you're just as bad" comments. If you hate minorities and campaign for their extermination you can expect your views to be fairly and vigorously challenged.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment